Re: multiple inf files?

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: multiple inf files?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:10:50 +0100

> Am 12.02.2007 um 13:35 schrieb Hadron:
>
>> Why would my "info" interface (C-h i) show multiple info files for
>> many
>> of the sections? How would I query the physical info file location
>> from
>> the info interface?
>
> Because some versions of the same file(s) are installed at different
> places.
>

> Use locate or find.
>
> Or open each of the info files and then type C-x d to see where it's
> being found.

hmm. not good. e.g I have emacs21 installed and emacs snapshot but I
dont want to see 3 versions of gnus inf at the top info node - only the
one for the emacs I am running (emacs-snapshot). As it is I see two for
/usr/share/info/emacs-snapshot and one for emacs-21. More debian
complexity I daresay. A pain since you dont see which it is without
doing C-x d