Re: Emacs Printer Issues

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Emacs Printer Issues
Date: 1 Feb 2007 09:06:46 -0800

On Jan 31, 11:51 pm, Bill <t...@cybcon.com> wrote:
> I'm running Emacs GNU 22.0.50.1 on OS X. I'm wondering how I can tell
> Emacs to print to a particular printer.
>
> I have to following in .emacs:
>
> (ps-print-header t) '
>
> (ps-print-header-frame nil)
>
> (ps-printer-name "HP_1022")

Is this not something like
(custom-set-variables
 '(ps-print-header t)
 '(ps-print-header-frame nil)
 '(ps-printer-name "HP_1022"))

ps-printer-name etc are all variables, not functions.

> But this doesn't not automatically send my Emacs print jobs to the
> HP-1022 printer. Instead, I have to 'tell' Emacs which printer to use
> by printing something from another application.

I think you have to give the entire UNC path using \\ to mean \.  Ie "\
\\\server\\HP_1022".

For other ways see:
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/faq6.html