Re: Hihglithing profile for .log files

From: Michele
Subject: Re: Hihglithing profile for .log files
Date: 1 Feb 2007 03:02:31 -0800

On Feb 1, 11:43 am, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> Am 01.02.2007 um 10:22 schrieb Michele:
>
> > do you know how to define a custom highlighting profile for a type of
> > file, let's say a .log file?
>
> Which .log file? Do you have an idea how many types of files call
> themselves or are called .log files?
>
> --
> Greetings
>
>    Pete
>
> What's the difference between OS X and Vista?
>
> Microsoft employees are excited about OS X...

Sorry, I was not clear.

Whay I would like to do is define if a CUSTOM profile for my .log
files. It doesn't matter what kind of .log files, because I would like
to define by myself the custom profile which of course would fit my
needs. So for example if in a C code I'm used to see a comment in
green, in my log files i would like to see a whole line which contain
the word error highligthed in red (it is just an example).
Once that i defined the profile, however, I would like that every
times that i open a log file in emacs, my highlighting rules would be
applied and the auto-revert-tail-mode as well.

Thank you for your answer.