Re: Putting all backup (tilde) files in one directory using xemacs 21.4p

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: Putting all backup (tilde) files in one directory using xemacs 21.4p6
Date: 22 Jan 2007 09:21:14 -0800

Kelly Jones wrote:
> Using xemacs 21.4p6, how do I put all backup (tilde) files into a
> single directory, instead of having them saved to the same directory
> as the original file?

This newsgroup is for discussion of GNU Emacs, not XEmacs. Try
comp.emacs.xemacs to get people who know about XEmacs.

That said, I think your problem is that the regexp you've used is just
"." which matches one single letter of any kind, what you probably want
is ".*" which matches a string composed of letters on any kind.