Re: modeline colors

From: Kelsin
Subject: Re: modeline colors
Date: 19 Jan 2007 11:22:20 -0800

> And just in case someone will care about this -- it turned out that
> the problem goes away if I "xrdb -load .Xdefault" after the Gnome
> session starts.  To clarify: my .Xdefaults does not touch the modeline
> etc.  (And even if it does, the two expressions should set the colors
> regardless of my .Xdefaults.)
>
> --
>           ((lambda (x) (x x)) (lambda (x) (x x)))          Eli Barzilay:
>                   http://www.barzilay.org/                 Maze is Life!

I was having this same issue, and this does solve it. Has this been
posted as a bug yet? I just have gnome running that command on startup
now to prevent this. I actually run "xrdb -load .Xresources" instead
but it accomplishes the same thing. Just like Eli, I don't have
anything in my .Xresources relating to my modeline at all. I'm running
a cvs version of Emacs from the emacs-unicode-2 branch with Fedora Core
6. I'm assuming this will be fixed by the time emacs gets past version
21.