Re: Emacs 22 problems with split init file

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs 22 problems with split init file
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:14:49 +0100

Am 14.01.2007 um 08:36 schrieb Tim X:

I wanted to break up my .emacs file so that I can run either emacs 22 or emacs
21.

I have a different layout, which also puts the customisation (or desktop/session settings) into different files – and I suppose it's the customisation that leads to your crashes (I really have no customisation in ~/.emacs and neither a *common* customisation file):

        (defconst mWS (symbol-value 'window-system)
          "Running as some windowing system's client,
           or as slave of a terminal emulator?")
(setq custom-file (format "~/.emacs-Abrichtung-%d.el" emacs-major- version))
        (load custom-file)
        (load (format "~/.emacs_%s" mWS))

In ~/.emacs blocks are built for different Emacs versions.

I'd recommend to remove ~/.emacs-custom.el and put its contents into both ~/.emacs2?-custom.el files.

--
Greetings

  Pete

"A mathematician is a machine that turns coffee into theorems."