Re: What's wrong with this lisp code in my init file?!

From: Eric Hanchrow
Subject: Re: What's wrong with this lisp code in my init file?!
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 10:48:48 -0800

Try this instead:

(setq printer-name "//BREATH-000/Randy's HP 1200")
(setq ps-printer-name t)

;; must set printer name before issuing print command!
(setq ps-lpr-command
      (if (eq window-system 'w32)
        "c:/Program Files/Ghostgum/gsview/gsprint.exe"
        "/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Ghostgum/gsview/gsprint.exe"))

If that works, as I expect it will, your problem was that you've got
two clauses in your second "if" statement.  Clearly you're expecting
them to both get evaluated when window-system is nil.  But because of
the way "if" works, only the first gets evaluated; the second gets
evaluated only when window-system is _not_ nil.

If you had used Emacs' lisp indentation on your code, you might have
noticed this yourself, since it will show the two clauses indented
different amounts.

--

 ハ  ハ
ミ^・^ミ