Recipe for ps-print-buffer on a Linux system, using Ghostscript to go to

From: Endless Story
Subject: Recipe for ps-print-buffer on a Linux system, using Ghostscript to go to PCL printer?
Date: 26 Dec 2006 04:14:20 -0800

I've got an HP 1200, which understands PCL but not Postscript. And I'm
running Gentoo Linux. I dual boot Linux and XP, and on the XP side, I
was able to find recipes on the Web for the .emacs init file such that
I can now print a postscript buffer via Ghostscript.

I'd like to be able to do the same on the Linux side, but can find no
recipes to copy. Trying to alter a Windows-style recipe so far hasn't
worked. The Ghostscript manual hasn't been helpful since it's not
written with Emacs in mind. And "man lpr" hasn't helped much either.

If anyone has actually done this and has real lisp code I can borrow,
I'd appreciate it.