Re: Close PDF-Viewer automatically before compiling new LaTeX Code

From: Thorsten Bonow
Subject: Re: Close PDF-Viewer automatically before compiling new LaTeX Code
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 23:11:36 +0100

    Jesper> Wilmar Igl <wilmar.igl@gmx.de> writes:
    >> I am using (PDF)LaTeX with GNU Emacs 22.0.50.2 and AucTeX.  Is there any
    >> way to tell Emacs to close the current preview in Adobe Acrobat Reader
    >> automatically before compiling a new preview?

    Jesper> Maybe this approach still works (I haven't tried it in years):

    Jesper> <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/msg/5132ba237a48eb0f>

There is xpdfopen with which you can simulate a "watch file" feature with
acrobat reader...

http://www.tug.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/xpdfopen.html

Toto

--
Contact information and PGP key at
http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/thorsten.bonow

If two or three people stop smoking as a result of anything I
have ever written then the one of them who would have got cancer
will live and all my scribblings will have been worthwhile.

Ivan Noble, 1967-2005

The closing words of his final column, "Tumour diary".