Re: Tab-key not working in auctex?

From: Malte Spiess
Subject: Re: Tab-key not working in auctex?
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:13:34 +0100

"Johs" <gjh@sdfsf.com> writes:

> I have installed auctex for emacs in Ubuntu. But when I press the Tab-key
> nothing happens.
>
> I know that multiple whitespaces are treated as one in latex but in my .tex
> file it is sometimes nice to use Tab-key indentation to make the text easier
> to read (when writing pseudocode).

Do you mean that never anything happens when you press TAB or just in certain
situations nothing happens?

> How do I make my Tab-key respond i auctex?

What does it say when you hit "C-h k TAB"? (Display documentation of the
function invoked by TAB.)

Really wonder why it does not work out of the box. Have you tried it in
any \begin... \end... environment?

> Johs

Greetings

Malte