Using Emacs on Windows as front end for rs232 link to embedded target

From: mark . andrew
Subject: Using Emacs on Windows as front end for rs232 link to embedded target
Date: 29 Oct 2006 15:29:59 -0800

Hi,

this problem has me stumped. Has anyone else done it, or have a clue
how to try. I am currently just using Hyperterminal but my target
doesn't have a nice readline facility (or even support delete
characters) so typing stuff in (there is an interpreter on the target)
is painful. Putting emacs in charge of the connection would just solve
everything. But how?

Thanks in advance

Mark