Re: cannot install emacs on a laptop

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: cannot install emacs on a laptop
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:44:10 +0100

"Christian Pirschalawa" <c.pirschalawa@gmx.de> writes:
> I tried to install emacs on my laptop, but the configure script doesn't run
> proberly. It does not find gcc or cc and shows the error "No acceptable cc
> found in $PATH". I tried it under SUSE and ubuntu, it's the same.
>
> I'm a Linux beginner, therefore I have no clue what this error message means.

If you try to install emacs from the sources, you need a C compiler,
such as gcc, to compile it.

You have two choices:

- try to install a binary package for emacs.

- install the gcc C compiler, and try to compile again emacs from the sources.

I need a new toy.
Tail of black dog keeps good time.
Pounce! Good dog! Good dog!