Re: emacs in xterm

From: don provan
Subject: Re: emacs in xterm
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 09:42:06 -0700

zeycus <miguelgarciadiaz@ono.com> writes:

> But what if I prefer the old behaviour, expecting that emacs would
> make use of the whole particular xterm from which it is launched? I
> wish just that, with the same font I am using in that xterm, etc.
> The way it behaves if I launch emacs before starting theX-windows.

You've got your answer from Mr. Miller, but let me just add that you
might want to give X a chance. I know from personal experience that
the change can be unsettling, but once you get used to multiple
windows for the same edit session and all the other advantages to
emacs under a full window system, there's just no going back. I can
only just barely remember what it was like running emacs stuck in a
single terminal screen. You can't even use you mouse to point at
things, can you?
-don