Emacs under Classic Mac

From: George Cummins
Subject: Emacs under Classic Mac
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:43:26 +0100

Greetings,
I have a great problem with such so great GNU Emacs editor. I love him,
I switched to emacs from ViM, witch I have to used for many years, but
now I discovered that emacs makes me much more happy than before (it is
great stuff for editing just everything), so for a while I have to use on one
of on my old computers Mac OS 9.2.2, because there isnt any another way
right now. I just installed Emacs 21.1 CW
and configured in lisp (I am still learning
it) the .emacs file for syntax hightlighting and line wrapping etc. but
there -right on classic mac- is a problem with Central European coding
system, input method and setting up the right font, so to be the computer
able to input with its own central european keyboard, and otherwise
be compatible with some font, and at the end, the selection-system-coding.
Should I install The GNU Font from sourceforge.net into the fonts folder?
Will it works? I need write and read plant text files in emacs - and edit
these. Makes the Html documents etc. It scarred me that problem.
I had wrote letter to mac emacs help, they are tell me, that I have to
write to the man who compiled my version of emacs. I did. He never worked
with his own package for many years, so he dont know. Well, if You (anybody)
will know something, let me know, please,
Thanks for any any help,
George Cummins
--------
Czech Republic