Re: uploading to emacs wiki not working

From: Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Re: uploading to emacs wiki not working
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 20:58:35 +0200

spamfilteraccount@gmail.com writes:

> Dieter Wilhelm wrote:
>>
>> Does anybody know whether there's a real problem with the emacs wiki.
>> The whole week I try to upload a lisp file to the wiki and it fails
>> with different error messages depending on the operating system and
>> browser used.  E.g
>> "The connection to the server was reset while the
>>  page was loading."
>
> I uploaded a small package this week with no problem. You say you have
> trouble with uploadng lisp files. If simple editing works then report
> the problem to the wiki maintainers:
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EmacsWikiProblems

Yes, thanks, I reported it but nothing happened.  Ultimately I wrote
to an editor which helped me immediately.  The reason of my problem
was very likely a bug in the wiki program.  The file which was already
in the wiki was probably too big and the software blocked any changes.
The editor had to ssh into the server and remove it by hand.

--
    Best wishes

    H. Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany