Can I ask a Simple question?

From: neil
Subject: Can I ask a Simple question?
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 16:31:23 GMT

We all know that emacs is complicated and hard for novice users.
Especially for someone as slow as me. I have been searching the Internet
for 3 hours and i cannot find the answer.

When i start emacs, i always hold down the shift key and left click my
mouse to get font select. You see, i cannot read the small default font
and need to make it larger. This is the value i always select:

Courier 18

*My Simple Question:* Please show me exactly what line i need to write
into a .emacs configuration file so that this font size is loaded
automatically each time i start up emacs? I know, I am really pathetic at
not knowing this. I really hate having to ask such a simple question.

I only know that it goes something like
(set-default-font "???????"), but cant figure what goes between the "".

Thank you.