Re: Problem about source code of lisp

From: robert . thorpe
Subject: Re: Problem about source code of lisp
Date: 19 Sep 2006 10:29:42 -0700

jronald wrote:
> I want to learn some principles of the implementation of lisp. I can't find
> any doc.I have downloaded the clisp source. After untar, its size if 18.6M.
> There are many .d and .lisp files, and a few .c files. I don't know how to
> start. Could anyone help me?

It's probably better to read some of the things Pascal mentions. The
Emacs lisp interpreter is also reasonably easy to understand.

CLisp is extremely complex, almost every weird programming trick in the
book is used in it.  Also many of the variable names are in german
which makes things extra hard to understand.  Every other Common Lisp
implementation I've looked at the source code of (ECL, GCL & SBCL) is
easier to read than CLisp.