Re: Jump to man page buffer

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: Re: Jump to man page buffer
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 00:35:18 +0200

Thorsten Bonow <thorsten.bonow@post.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

>     Hadron> I have the following code mapped to f1.
>
>     Hadron> "manual-entry (current-word)"
>
>     Hadron> How to make emacs also jump to the buffer showing the resulting
>     Hadron> man-page?
>
> Hi,
>
> there is the `Man-notify-method' variable, mentioned in the documentation to
> `manual-entry':
>
> "See variable
> `Man-notify-method' for what happens when the buffer is ready.
> If a buffer already exists for this man page, it will display immediately."
>
> Hope this helps...

Damn. Asleep again. I missed that.  Thanks a lot : newframe is probably
the best for me.

Out of curiosity what would the function be called to "jump to named
buffer"? I had written my first bit of lisp to construct a legitimate
buffer name but "switch to buffer" switches the named buffer into the
current one, so I had 2 buffers with the manpage in :)