Re: How to input opening quote (inverted single quote)?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: How to input opening quote (inverted single quote)?
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 09:17:15 -0600

Ryo wrote:
I can now input those characters.  The TeX input method is ideal to me
because I'm a regular LaTeX user.  Unfortunately, I can't demonstrate
my "accomplishments" here :-)   I'm using a web interface to
newsgroups (Google Groups) and I don't know how to input those
chacters on my web browser.  Copy and paste from emacs to
the brower doesn't work, either.  (Garbage on the browser.)

What character encoding is the browser using for the composition page?
What coding system is the emacs buffer using (type `C-h C RET')?  And
what does `C-h v selection-coding-system' dislay?

--
Kevin