CJK-LaTeX

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: CJK-LaTeX
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:54:09 +0200

Hi to all

I'm not completly new to Emacs but still a beginner. Since yesterday I'm
trying to teach my Emacs to handle CJK-LaTeX. I configured Emacs to use
cjk-enc.el according to the doc-file cjk-enc.doc that comes with cjk-latex.

I inserted the following lines in my .emacs file:

(setq load-path (cons "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp" load-path))
(load-library "cjk-enc")

The path is correct and cjk-enc loads well into Emacs, at least the messages
file says so. Also Chinese and Japanese characters are displayed and the
input methods for these languages work well. I'm also able to create .dvi
files from .cjk files by latexing them in a shell, the output looks good. So,
I think there can be no LaTeX problem.

The problem starts when I try to compile my own .cjk file. Normally this means
running the command M-x cjk-write-file on a LaTeX input file within Emacs.
According to the docs and similar instructions I found on the web this
command is supplied by cjk-enc.el and should be available after loading the
package. But it isn't. The mini-buffer just keeps telling me "No match".

I have also tryed the approach suggested for AucTeX users in the cjk-enc.doc
appending several lines of code to my .emacs file starting with (defun
TeX-run-CJK-LaTeX (name command file)... In this case Emacs tells me that the
command cjk-write-all-files is empty. So, I think something is wrong with my
cjk-enc package.

Has anybody an idea what the problem could be? I'm using GNU Emacs 21.3.1 with
AucTeX under Suse Linux 10.0 (64 bit).

Thanks for help
Sven