Re: UTF-8 in path / filename

From: Grégory SCHMITT
Subject: Re: UTF-8 in path / filename
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:42:33 +0200

Le Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:08:11 +0200, Peter Dyballa a écrit :

> One important thing is that *you* already messed up your .emacs file. Try
> to launch it also with --no-init-file and/or --no-site-file and also with
> -nw, i.e. running inside the terminal without X windows.

OK. I did it. I move my .emacs to another place, even though I never
really modified it. Still no success. For info, my locale is set as
LANG="fr_FR.UTF-8" (and that's all: no LC_TYPE... or other). My
terminal is a xterm (such as yours); I tried from the console, with
bash only, and that was still the same result.

If I set emacs to run in unibyte mode (with --unibyte on the command
line), it does work, but the file content (which is UTF-8) is parsed as
8859-15.

--
Grégory SCHMITT <mailto:gregory.schmitt@free.fr>