Re: Reading binary data with Emacs

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: Reading binary data with Emacs
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 17:16:06 -0400

M-x hexl-mode

View and overwrite, but not insert.

exits funnel wrote:
Hello,

I'm running native windows emacs 21.3.1 on Win2000. I'm wondering if there is some mode (or something
else) which will allow me to view binary data in some
organized, easy to understand way.  This is the sort
of thing I'd normally use hexdump for but, alas, I'm
stuck for the time being on Windows and it seems
Cygwin doesn't include hexdump.  Apropos binary listed
a few results but none of them seemed to be of much
help.  So, can emacs help me out here?  Thanks in
advance.

-exits