Re: Should the fonts listed by xlsfonts be used by emacs?

From: c.c
Subject: Re: Should the fonts listed by xlsfonts be used by emacs?
Date: 24 Jun 2006 21:49:39 -0700

Hi, guys,

I found the answer, the manual says:

"
   If you specify a default ASCII font with the `Font' resource or the
`-fn' argument, Emacs generates a fontset from it automatically.  This
is the "startup fontset" and its name is `fontset-startup'.
"

I think the 'emacs -fn' wants a ASCII font name, but the name I gave
is a mbyte font name, so Emacs can't generate a fontset correctly.

Thanks you all.

Best regards.

c.c