Code completion

From: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto
Subject: Code completion
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 03:14:57 -0300

How can I get code completion in Emacs? I got used to it by programming in Python's IDLE (althoug I'm more insterested in C now).

Also, under Eclipse, I put the mouse over a variable and Eclipse tells me where did the variable came from. I like it. How can I do something like it in Emacs?

I can't find it in Google or the documentation.

Thanks.

--
Software is like sex: it is better when it is free. - Linus Torvalds