Re: Permanently Changing Search Option

From: Johan Bockgård
Subject: Re: Permanently Changing Search Option
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 00:55:16 +0200

Bill <tfc4@cybcon.com> writes:

> I'm sure there must be a way to permanently change the Emacs's
> search options so that C-s always searches word by word and not one
> letter at a time, as I type. They key word here is permanently. I
> know it can be done using C-s Enter, but I'd like Emacs to do this
> using C-s instead.

      Forward and backward word searches are implemented by the
      commands `word-search-forward' and `word-search-backward'. These
      commands may be bound to keys in the usual manner. They are
      available via the incremental search commands both for
      historical reasons and to avoid the need to find separate key
      sequences for them.

(info "(emacs)Word Search")

--
Johan Bockgård