RE: newbie: debugging elisp.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: newbie: debugging elisp.
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 07:26:44 -0700

    I read three steps of edebug info pages, especially step about
    instrumenting the code.

    Unfortunatelly that manual is not clear for me.

FWIW, I use M-x debug-on-entry <name-of-function> instead of edebug. But I
know that many people prefer edebug.

If you use M-x debug-on-entry, this is what you need to know:

In the debugger: `d' to step into an expression (dig in), `c' to completely
eval an expression, `e' to eval something in context (anything), `q' to quit
the debugger. Pretty simple.

To stop debugging a function or all functions: M-x cancel-debug-on-entry
(RET to cancel all functions).

HTH.