Re: wrapping xml

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: wrapping xml
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 16:18:03 +0200

rahed <rahed@e-last-minute.com> writes:

> I opened an xml file in emacs 22.0. The xml is not formatted being
> one-liner. I tried to find something in sgml or nxml mode to pretty wrap
> the code but didn't succeed. Is something simple available?

I wondered the same thing a while ago and did not bother to find out
how it could be done. Instead I wrote a keyboard macro that did
something like this:

 1. Search for "<"
 2. Back up one character
 3. Press return to move the rest of the line down
 4. Press Tab to make Emacs indent the line

Save macro. Execute, execute again...