Display of text in columns?

From: Jim Kalb
Subject: Display of text in columns?
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:55:05 GMT

Hello!

I'd like to display several columns of text using emacs, so that (for
example) if the screen is 120 characters wide, the fill column is 60,
and I'm using a 2-column display, the text at any point in the file
would display starting in the first column, reach the bottom of the
screen, and then continue in the second column. Possible? If so, how?

(The point is to be able to get more of something I'm writing on the
screen without using the very long lines I'd have to use if I simply
used a full screen display and increased the fill column to match.)

Thanks for any enlightenment,

jk

--
Jim Kalb