Re: why can't hiding or showing the block in c++ mode

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: why can't hiding or showing the block in c++ mode
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:45:41 +0200

"zhihang wang" <zhihang.wang@gmail.com> writes:

> when I start hs-minor-mode and use S-mouse-2 to folding the program, an
> error occur.

> wrong-type-argument stringp nil
> the debug information is
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
>   looking-at(nil)
>   hs-inside-comment-p()
>   hs-already-hidden-p()
>   hs-toggle-hiding()
>   hs-mouse-toggle-hiding((S-mouse-2 (#<window 9 on clsAvsSequence.cpp>
>     171 (10 . 85) 48293437)))
> * call-interactively(hs-mouse-toggle-hiding)
>
> But I can't understand the debugger message.
> Would anyone help me?

hideshow sets and uses some buffer-local variables, that are specific to
the major mode of the buffer.  it looks like one of those variables
`hs-c-start-regexp' is not initialized properly.  it should be a string.

i am not able to debug this w/o more information.

please post a recipe for recreating this, starting with the command
"emacs -q --no-site-file".  please also include the version numbers of
the emacs and hideshow.el involved.

you may want to look at the hideshow.el Commentary, in case something
there can be helpful.

thi