Re: Turn off the effects of enclosing in forward slash

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Turn off the effects of enclosing in forward slash
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:12:30 +0900

> I think  I once learned  how to turn  off the way emacs  hides slashes
> when  they are around  a world  like /home/  (Use C-u  g to  view this
> message  if  you don't  see  forward  slashes  around home)  but  have
> forgotten it since it wasn't something that I care about very often.

> But every so often it causes me to do trouble shooting of something
> that doesn't need it.

In Gnus, you can inhibit emphasizing of text surrounded by *...*,
_..._, /.../, etc. by setting the `gnus-treat-emphasize' variable
to nil.  Otherwise, you can customize the `gnus-emphasis-alist'
variable so that it might show /.../ (and also other characters).

[INS] [DEL] Customizing Style
Start regexp: /
  End regexp: /
  Show start and end patterns: [ Off ] ==> [ On ]