How can I stop Emacs from messing up my code by changing case

From: anne001
Subject: How can I stop Emacs from messing up my code by changing case
Date: 21 Feb 2006 03:33:53 -0800

Emacs keep changing cases on me. Sometimes it will take a word and put
a capital letter. That messes up ruby because words with capital
letters are supposed to be class... or it takes end and makes it End
and things no longer work.

or it takes GLUT and make it into Glut which no longer work.

Please help me stop this madness permanently, its is driving me nuts to
find emacs screwups, on top of mine

anne