RE: Dired and wild cards

From: Jay Bingham
Subject: RE: Dired and wild cards
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 21:42:08 GMT

on Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:06 PM Tim Johnson wrote:

> In XEmacs, I can do the follow:
> C-x, d and then at the prompt, put in "*.html"
> and get a wild card listing.

> In GNU Emacs, I have to do
> M-: and then (dired "*.html").
> Is there easier way to do this in GNU Emacs?

Not having used XEmacs in ages I am not remembering what it does in response to
C-x d, in Emacs C-x d starts dired mode on the directory specified while C-x
C-d gives a list of directories.
AFAIK both commands will accept wild cards.  Have you tried it?

__
J_)
C_)ingham

Call Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere in the World - FREE!
Free Internet calling from NetZero Voice
Visit http://www.netzerovoice.com today!