problem with compilation mode and Windows paths

From: David Hancock
Subject: problem with compilation mode and Windows paths
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:31:09 +0000 (UTC)

Hi All,

I have what I think is a problem with compilation mode failing to properly parse
error messages because they have a ' ' (whitespace) in the path.

I am using JDEE (the Java developer environment) and the Apache ANT tool to
build a Java project.

When the compilation ends I get the following errors:

error in process sentinel: compilation-next-error: Moved past last error
error in process sentinel: Moved past last error

and the normal ability to click on an error message in the *compilation* buffer
doesn't work.

This appears to be caused by the fact that my project lives in my normal home
dirctory, namely:

  c:\Documents and Settings\dave\project\...

If I move the whole source tree to:

  c:\dave\project\...

then everything works properly.

So I guess that the regexes that compilation mode uses to read the error
messages are failing because of the whitespace in the path.

Can anyone suggest a way in which I can either modify the regexes or add some
other cunning mechanism to make everything happy again?

Thanks in advance,

David Hancock.