Configuring .emacs to use some different values when launched by slrn?

From: Adam Funk
Subject: Configuring .emacs to use some different values when launched by slrn?
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:03:14 +0000

I've recently started using slrn with emacs (of course) as my post
editor.  The problem is that sometimes I want to gpg-sign the posts
(using Mailcrypt) but I use a different e-mail address for usenet
posts.  For example, my ~/.emacs file currently contains the line

        (setq mc-gpg-user-id "6F8D3D7D")

but I'd like a different user-id to be in effect when I'm editing
usenet messages.  Is it possible for emacs to know it has been
launched by slrn and change some parameters accordingly?  (And if so,
how?  I'm not an elisp expert.)

Or should I just set the environment variable SLRN_EDITOR to something
like 'emacs -l ~/.emacs.slrn.extras' and add the changes there?  Will
that command run ~/.emacs first and *then* the file specified with -l?

Thanks,
Adam