Same file/two windows

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Same file/two windows
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:01:25 -0900

Using ver 21.2.1 on linux.

Example: I have a file foo.py open in 2 windows (same frame)
In the lower window, I have the cursor on line 1 of foo.py and
in the upper window, I have the cursor on line 100 of foo.py.

Now, in the lower window, I switch to foobar.py and do some
coding there and I then switch back to foo.py.
Egads! The cursor is now at line 100 (or whatever line the
cursor is on in the upper window).

Is there a configuration that will enable the original position
to the buffer in the lower window to be perserved?
I.E.: in this example - line 1

Vim does this very well.
thanks
tim