Re: Printing from WindowXP version of emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Printing from WindowXP version of emacs
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:18:42 +0100

Am 05.01.2006 um 21:44 schrieb Eli Zaretskii:

The problem is encoding of the PostScript fonts used to set the
document. ps-print.el uses ISO 8859-1, independent from the buffer
contents' encoding.

I don't think this is true.  First, there's ps-mule.el that can be set
up to use other 8-bit encodings instead of 8859-1, if your printer has
the appropriate fonts loaded.  And second, you can install BDF fonts
for other character sets and set up ps-mule and ps-print for printing
almost any character set imaginable.

I don't want to print bitmaps. I have a genuine PostScript 3 printer.

--
Greetings

  Pete

These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have others. - Groucho Marx