Re: Adding a font-lock face to a major mode

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Adding a font-lock face to a major mode
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:44:20 -0900

* Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> [060105 10:19]:
> > I would like to be able to add a font-lock face to a major mode at load
> > time.
>
> Try font-lock-add-keywords.

  <grin> Works like a charm</grin> the kicker, however, is that
  <sigh> I'm tasked with solutions that can be applied to both
         gnu and X emacs. Xemacs does not have that function and
         furthermore, simply exploiting the code doesn't work
         either, because Xemacs apparently has a significantly different
         structure for syntax highlighting.

  Thanks for the tip Stefan.

  For now it will be a gnu-only solution. Later I can use an 'cond
  form to test the Xemacs and provide an alternate code.

  cheers
  tim

--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>