Re: Icon designer wanted (Aquamacs Emacs)

From: david . reitter
Subject: Re: Icon designer wanted (Aquamacs Emacs)
Date: 4 Jan 2006 05:56:40 -0800

> From what you wrote, it does not appear like you'd be interested in
> complete records of all sources of icons and their respective
> copyright holders.

I call bull. I've stated time and again that such a list (with
pointers, not agreements) is to be kept.

I consider our little project nowhere near as important and big as
XEmacs, and any comparison is out of question. The other crucial
difference is that we're syncing with Emacs CVS rather than developing
a fork, and we intend to keep it that way.

Thirdly, it's simply untrue that developments aren't contributed back.
Those that I consider worthwhile I supply myself (and anything else is
publicly available and may be taken at leisure). Examples include
revised modifier key configuration in the Carbon port and a new package
for send-mail (mailclient). But you will appreciate that it's
technically much easier for us to write packages and patches in the
context of Aquamacs, where we're not cross-platform. Most of the added
features can't be integrated at this stage anyways.

Lastly, I've found many friendly and cooperative people among those
responsible for the development, and it's exciting to contribute. But
where the tone changes to become downright negative, just because one's
perspective e.g. on user interfaces differs, well, then I can't be
arsed to fight for stuff to be included, as the brits say.