ispell gives "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"

From: Jeff D. Hamann
Subject: ispell gives "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil"
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 22:49:13 -0800

I finally got the debugging information I needed....The *Backtrace* buffer
yields the following when I attempt to run ispell...

I'n running ntemacs 21.3 on windows xp.

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
  looking-at(nil)
  ispell-get-word(nil)
  ispell-word(nil nil nil)
  call-interactively(ispell-word)

Since I'm not about to start learning how to code in yet another langauge
and I've got to get some work done, can someone lend a debugging hand?

I forgot to mention emacs is the biz!

Help?

Jeff.