about colors

From: chinlu chinawa
Subject: about colors
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 04:00:01 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I got Emacs-21.4 working a few days ago, and I got it
already more or less configured, but I got a question
about colors.

Well, actually, I haven't compiled xemacs as is not of
my interest, so I'm talking about emacs for xterm/tty
(xterm mainly).

I'm using a 256-color xterm, and have set
font-lock-maximum-decoration to true.

But I think was even before of any of this, when I
could already use c-syntax higlighting being able to
see more than 16 colors?, anyway I can do it now.

I see variants of blue, green, etc, but just within
the syntax, not when I try to configure faces, though.

I prefer to have dark colors like black and maybe
green for the foreground, but when it comes to the
bottom menu bar, which is the only I've left alive,
the reverse-video just kills me, and I can see a bit
darker green within the c-syntax higlighting, which
I'd wouldn't mind to have as revere video.

So wheter I cannot have a full 256 colors within
xterm, is there chance I could set up some of this
colors to be used with the menubar?

Kind Regards,