emacs questions

From: Pedro Sa da Costa
Subject: emacs questions
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 00:11:26 +0000

I'm trying to have code completion in emacs, but i don't know what to do. In eclipse, when we writing a java code line, for example: System.out., we do C^SPACE to show a window with several methods associated (printl, print,etc). I would like to have something similar in emacs. Can anybody help me? And, if the solution passes through etags, can anybody give me a simple example, because i don't understand why etags are useful.

Can we browse java api through emacs? I've installed jde, but jde-browse-jdk-jdk doesn't work. It says that browse-url-new-window-p is null.

It's possible to see, while we are programming, if we did a mistake. In eclipse, when we do an error, for example, forget a ; , an underline appears in the line indicating that something is wrong. It's possible to have something like this in emacs?

Why, sometimes, when we do copy from another application, and we try to do paste in the emacs, emacs only yanks the last thing we cut or copy in emacs?

Thanks,
Pedro