Re: Remapping the Tab Key?

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: Remapping the Tab Key?
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 10:19:42 +0100

+ "William Reardon" <william.reardon@gmail.com>:

| I'm trying to remap the tab key to call a custom elisp function, but
| can't quite get it work.  Here's what I have:
|
| (global-set-key [tab] 'indent-or-complete)

Changing the tab key in the global keymap is unlikely to work, as many
major modes will bind this key in their local keymaps.  Check out the
story on global vs local keymaps in the info file.

- Debating gives most of us much more psychological satisfaction
  than thinking does: but it deprives us of whatever chance there is
  of getting closer to the truth.  -- C.P. Snow