Re: List of major modes? // "switch-to-mode"??

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: List of major modes? // "switch-to-mode"??
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:45:17 +0000

Hi Drew,

thanks for your detailed explanations. Icicles is very useful indeed.

Too bad the package installs stuff right upon loading (and actually activates the mode as well!), which it shouldn't do...
I'll look more into configuration things later.

For now, I'll try to find a predicate that reliably determines a list of major modes. That isn't trivial, as the ongoing discussion shows. In particular when only autoload information is available, it seems like it's pretty much impossible. This is sad, because a novice user would certainly be interested in a list of installed major modes.

- D