Re: meta key problem C-M-\

From: Ilya Zakharevich
Subject: Re: meta key problem C-M-\
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:10:02 +0000 (UTC)

Stefan Monnier
<monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>], who wrote in article
<87irvmgiot.fsf-monnier+gnu.emacs.help@gnu.org>:

> I haven't tried your code yet, but looking at it I'm wondering: how do you
> type in H-C-x (assuming you don't have a Hyper modifier on your keyboard)?

Actually, I was updating my key bindings for less, mutt and trn
anyway, so I took a look into modifier.el again.  It was hopelessly
obsolete; I updated it to use "new" facilities of Emacs.

  ilyaz.org/software/emacs

In particular, to address your problem, the "docs" say:

;;; One hint: if you need to enter a character which is a prefix character,
;;; you can press C-g after it.  E.g., to get M-C-x one can do either
;;; C-x Esc m C-x C-g or C-x Esc c Esc x (or even C-x Esc c C-x Esc m x).

Thanks for pointing my attention to modifier.el again,
Ilya