Indenting in HTML mode

From: Tyler
Subject: Indenting in HTML mode
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 01:36:36 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to edit an HTML file, and I am unable to indent lines with the tab key. The only thing that I've managed to make work is to mark a region, then C-x tab to indent that region by 1 space. Also, on text I have yanked into the file from the clipboard I can tab as expected. However, all the text I entered directly into Emacs is 'protected' from tabbing. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Tyler