Re: window-line and window-column

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: window-line and window-column
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 01:09:21 +0200

rgb wrote:

How can I tell where, within the current window, I am.

Is there any way to tell what window line I'm currently on?  Even if I
use move-to-window-line and it's successful I may not actually be on
that line when it returns.  But realistically, I need to know what line
I'm on without moving and I don't see how I can tell.

I can't seem to fine a way to tell what window column I'm in either.
It seems I could probably use (window-width), (current-column) and
truncate-lines to figure it out but comments about popup-ruler on the
wiki make me think such a formula wouldn't be accurate.
Can you perhaps use window-start?