Re: gdb-mode hangs in OS X

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gdb-mode hangs in OS X
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:03:30 +1200

> Then, on a hunch, I turned off viper mode (I forgot to mention I was
> using it), and everything started working just fine!  Is this a known
> issue with viper?  (Note: using C-z to enter emacs mode temporarily
> didn't fix the problem, nor did M-x viper-go-away --- I had to actually
> disable it and restart emacs)

I wasn't aware of it but I've never used viper-mode.  At first sight, I would
think it shouldn't interfere.  If you had used M-x report-emacs-bug it might
have shown that you had turned viper-mode on.  I suggest again that you send
your report to emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org where someone might, possibly Michael
Kifer, author of Viper, might recognise the problem.

Nick