Re: Redo/Undo

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Redo/Undo
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:47:05 -0400

>> I've gotten so used to it that I don't even notice it when I'm using
>> Emacs anymore
> They say that if all you have is a hammer, everything starts looking
> like a nail

This is really silly.  Both styles of undo/redo have their merit.
Claiming that one of the two is a "poor man's workaround" is not going to
get you anywhere, especially since plain undo/redo (like redo.el offers) is
just as simple to implement as the default undo/redo system.

Emacs doesn't come bundled with redo.el.  In Emacs-CVS I've added a command
`undo-only' which provides your notion of undo.  It doesn't offer your
notion of redo yet, tho.

        Stefan