Re: python novice

From: Adam
Subject: Re: python novice
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:29:01 -0400

Well, I removed;

#!/usr/bin/env python

from the 1st line of my test.py buffer,
and the C-c C-c now works fine. Py program
runs and terminates normally.

Which prompts me to ask - what do Python
users do in Emacs so that that 1st line,
necessary for an executable Python file,
is transparent when running the file
from Emacs ?   I suppose run it from
an Emacs shell only ?

Thinking further, the executable will
require chmod before it can be run. This
suggests running within Emacs is one thing,
(without that #!/... header), and writing
a file and chmod to execute is another.

We seem to be up and running, but any helpful
pointers or comments welcome.