Re: key binding with windows and menu keys

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: key binding with windows and menu keys
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:12:04 +0200

Am 15.08.2005 um 16:35 schrieb Angelina Carlton:

There is one problem however, 2 of my computers do not run X and
consequently do not have the xmodmap command. So If I am working on them
in the console or via ssh I have to maintain my old key binding and try
to remember not to press the windows logo key instead.

I will try to figure out how to enable these keys in non X environment an
let you know, perhaps someone already knows how to do this?

Is C-h k <Windows key+another key> returns just <another key>?

If not, you could by hand 'M-x global-set-key <the combination> RET scroll-other-window RET C-x ESC ESC C-a C-k C-g' -- bind the key and start to repeat-previous-command. The cursor goes into the minibuffer, where you put it at the beginning and then kill the whole line. Now an interrupt, and you're ready to yank/paste the valid ELisp expression into .emacs ... it wouldn't look pretty with a number instead of symbols (that's what I am used from X11 or Apple's Aqua), but it would work.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Without vi there is only GNU Emacs